Wednesday, May 20, 2015. 9:00 AM PDT (Los Angeles) / 18H00 CET ( Paris)
With the arrival of Appeon Mobile, developers can now create native apps for today’s mobile devices while leveraging the unique productivity advantages of PowerBuilder. However, the task of delivering an engaging user experience on a mobile device presents unique challenges compared to the traditional client-server or web-driven desktop environment.
In this session, Ronnie Po will present a case study about the development and implementation of Scorever (formerly YouHoops), a mobile scorekeeping and scoreboard controller application for basketball games, built with PowerBuilder and deployed to the cloud using Appeon Mobile. He will discuss some of the technical challenges encountered and will reveal some tips and tricks employed to address considerations such as:
- creating an “app-like” user experience
- managing user sessions transparently
- minimizing the distraction of inconsistent server response times
Presenter: Ronnie Po
The North Carolina PowerBuilder User Group along with Appeon and Novalys, have announced a 2015 edition of the Charlotte PowerBuilder conference. After a successful first edition in March 2014, this year’s conference will be held from May 6-8 in Charlotte, N.C. This year’s Charlotte Conference will bring all the latest news and info on PowerBuilder. Likely topics will be:
• Learn how to quickly modernize and extend your PowerBuilder applications with Web, Mobile, and Cloud technologies with experts from Appeon Corporation.
• See how to upgrade the look and feel of traditional PB apps with new GUI components and internationalization tools available from Novalys. • Attend sessions on current GUI design and application development from industry veterans.
• Workshops on topics such as stored procedure debugging, getting the most out of your source control system
• ‘How tos’ of working with application frameworks are in the mix right now
Many more topics will be announced in 2015, as the Call for sessions has just opened!